Spokane Valley Christian Homeschool (SVCH) exists to to bring together homeschooling families to support each other in their calling of teaching their children. Our goal is to provide a Christian educational experience in small group settings, working in a cooperative manner, with parents fulfilling many different roles within the co-op. We are here to support each other, and help instill a lifetime love of learning in our children.
Our homeschool cooperative is a group of dedicated believers who gather together with our children for worship, prayer, instruction and encouragement. Through it, members invest time, talent and energy in providing a place where our Christian families experience a faith-based environment to support each other and help our children grow into fully devoted followers of Christ.
As a Christian homeschool co-op, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s unique revelation to mankind. It is the inspired, infallible word of God, and the supreme and final authority on all matters upon which it teaches. No other writings are vested with this divine authority. There is only one God, creator of heaven and earth, who exists eternally as three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each fully God, yet personally distinct from each other.
- All people are created in God’s image and are very important to Him. God loves people, and invites them to live in communion with Himself and in community with each other. Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. Some day, He will return to fulfill the eternal plan of God!
- Apart from Jesus Christ, all people are spiritually lost and, because of sin, deserve the judgment of God. However, God gives salvation and eternal life to anyone who believes in Jesus Christ and His sacrificial death brings life on their behalf. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- The Holy Spirit, third Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin, draws people to Christ and indwells all believers. He is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives, giving them spiritual gifts with which to serve the church and reach out to a lost and needy world.
- Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be permanently separated from God into condemnation. Believers will be received into God’s loving presence and rewarded for their faithfulness to Him in this life.
- All believers are members of the Body of Christ, the one true church universal. Spiritual unity is to be expressed among Christians by acceptance and love of one another across ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic, national, generational, gender, and denominational lines.
- We do not agree with or allow cults and secular teachings that do not accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Denominational doctrine will not be taught. Students will be encouraged to seek scriptural answers and further discuss these kinds of topics with their parents.